[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Fw: Fwd: FW: Speed Traps in Your Town !!

Subject: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] Fw: Fwd: FW: Speed Traps in Your Town !!
From: steve at coastaldatasystems.com (Stephen West-Fisher)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 09:15:58 -0500
The speed limit drops in just about every town I've ever driven in, so I
expect it. In North Carolina you can expect it to drop down to 20mph. In
Florida most times there are warning signs about the lower limit at an
appropriate distance to just lift your boot off the accelerator and your
speed will be appropriate when you arrive at the lower limit. Saint
Petersburg has a 35mph city wide limit unless posted otherwise. Many streets
are posted 25.
Additionally the speed limit generally lowers on interstate roads when they
go through a city even though the road is still engineered for the higher
limit (especially if built before '74).

Now if there is really only one sign and no warning, and the sign is
obscured by something so it is not visible at a distance to reasonably slow
down, that I can call a trap. I do a lot of traveling, and I haven't seen
anything like this in many, many years.

--
Stephen West-Fisher

I don't know about other places, but here in the US,
towns frequently set speed limits well under the road's
engineered speed, causing people to unwittingly break
the law.  There are countless towns along two-lane
highways in this state.  In the county, the speed limit
is 50 MPH.  Cross into Podunkville, and the town's
one cop in the town's one police car will be sitting
under the town's one 25 MPH speed limit sign.  A mile
later, you're back in the county and it's 50 MPH again.