[Mgs] fuel hose replacement

Subject: [Mgs] fuel hose replacement
From: awhitema at panix.com (Aaron Whiteman)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 11:01:05 -0700
On Mar 13, 2011, at 3:15 AM, Paul Hunt wrote:

> But as this is a 75 anyway, presumably a rubber bumper, the pump is above
the top of the tank in any case and you won't get any siphoning with the pump
disconnected unless you deliberately lower the hose.  You may get some when
disconnecting the hose from the tank pipe if that is what you have, but if you
have the new one to hand it isn't going to be much.  You can ignore any
drainage from the pipe leading to the front, it will be negligible.

As it turned out, the front pipe had a bit more fuel than the rear, but it was
easy to collect.  The rear hose cracked as I was removing it, so it was very
much a case of borrowed time there.

Of course, I can't have good news without bad news, and I discovered this
morning that I misplaced the gas cap.  Guess I'll be driving around with a
plastic bag over the hole until I get the replacement (nothing locally
available).

--
Aaron