[Mgs] you know you need a proper stat when...

Subject: [Mgs] you know you need a proper stat when...
From: awhitema at panix.com (Aaron Whiteman)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:47:49 -0700
The car never warms up.

When I put this new-to-me motor in my car, I didn't swap the stat.  Mistake.

It's been said before and I was a believer before this, but you really really
do not want or need those 160 degree thermostats.  Not only do they not help
in the summer, they are downright unpleasant in early spring.

Despite the (lack of) heat, that was a fun 50 miles.  Now I just need some of
those round tuits, so I can swap this thermostat with something more
appropriate.

--
Aaron