[Mgs] Rattle in dash

Subject: [Mgs] Rattle in dash
From: dcouncill at msubillings.edu (Councill, David)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:07:03 +0000
I have or had a similar problem perhaps on my 64B with the mechanical tach.
When I starting making the car roadworthy, I noticed the PO had disconnected
the tach cable at some point in the past. I hooked it back up only to find
that there was a fairly loud rattle in or near the tach when the engine was
running. So I dug through my old parts, located another mechanical tach of
unknown origins/history, and put it in. The rattle went away for the next
drive or two but then came back. So I recently replaced the cable and I think
that fixed the problem, subject to some more driving to see if that fixes it.
The 64B is still in the early phases of getting back on the road after being
permanently parked in the PO's garage for about 25 years.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT
72 B