Re: [Mgs] Rattle in dash

To: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>,
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Rattle in dash
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:41:22 +0200
Thanks Rick & Ed,

I'll be more precize about the rattle.
The rattle frequency goes up with the car's speed.
That's why I suspect the speedo and 90 deg. drive.
So I took out the speedo and separated the 90 deg. drive.
It seems that the latter is ok by hand drive, though my hand is not fast
enough to compare with the car on speeds above 20 Mph. (I use a motor drive
screwdriver with a bit to get some speed).
With the 90deg drive still mounted the rattle did not occur (yet) as the
speed did not get higher than 20 mph.

It surely is not a rattle caused by a vibration of the car as it goes up in
rattle frequency with the car's speed.
Rattle starts to occur at speeds over 30 Mph and higher and then stay on
even on lower speeds.

So my intention is to drive the GT today and connect the 90 deg. drive to
the speedo cable without the speedo connected and apply a light torque
friction to the output drive of the 90 deg. drive.

Cheers from sunny Holland

Hans

P.S.1
I discovered a lose hose which should be connected to screen vent, so this
job delivered one good result anyway
P.S. 2
For Rick - if you like I can send you a pic of the GT as well