[Mgs] Leaky clutch hydraulics

Subject: [Mgs] Leaky clutch hydraulics
From: paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk (Paul Hunt)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:40:46 -0000
The biggest problem is going to be undoing the steel pipe from the top of
the flex and the hose itself from the chassis bracket.  Very restricted
space, and if there is any corrosion it will make things much harder as
usual.

The thing to do is try it without removing the starter first, but without
damaging the nuts. Failing that try it with the starter out.  Failing that
you may have to get brutal and grind the hose off below the bracket, then
you may be able to pull the top part down below the bracket to part the
remains of the hose from the steel pipe.  Or take the engine out ...

As far as order goes the cylinder and hose must be attached to the
bell-housing before attaching the steel pipe to the top of the hose to avoid
twists in the hose.  That said, it is easier to attach the cylinder to the
bell-housing first, then the hose to the cylinder, before attaching the hose
to the bracket and the steel pipe to the hose.

Are you sure the leak is from the slave end and not the master, running down
the pedal and onto the carpet?

PaulH.