Re: [Mgs] rear end noise

To: "Paul Root" <ptrmgb@gmail.com>, "MGs List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] rear end noise
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:53:56 +0100 cv=JvdXmxIgLJv2/GthKqHpGJEEHukvLcvELVXUanXFreg= c=1 sm=0 a=3NElcqgl2aoA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=6P8lUDgyr_NddOy5FqMA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=HpAAvcLHHh0Zw7uRqdWCyQ==:117
A rear end noise that changes with throttle is more likely to be the diff,
especially if it happens going from very slight acceleration to very slight
trailing throttle.  If it only happens with larger throttle changes then it
is probably exhaust.  It's easier to hear noises like this with the top up,
which is why GTs had the quieter Salisbury axle from the start, roadsters
only later on.  When my diff was whining it was really only noticeable with
the top up.

PaulH.