Re: [Mgs] Spurned an offer [now: clutch effort]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Spurned an offer [now: clutch effort]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:47:17 -0700
Hmm, I wonder... Since it's a simple hydraulic system, it should be possible
to alter the amount of effort needed to depress the clutch pedal. One way
would be reducing the diameter of the master cylinder (that is, finding a
substitute with a different diameter). Another would be changing the
leverage of the clutch pedal (moving the fulcrum or lengthening the arm).
Not that these would be trivial projects, but if someone came up with a
working solution it might help a lot of people.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149