Re: [Mgs] Fw: float & aircare

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fw: float & aircare
From: "\" Just Brits \" Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 08:50:30 -0500
<< On 5/24/2013 7:06 AM, mgbob@juno.com wrote:

  Wanta also told me to fill with 91 or 93 octane fuel the two tanks before
testing. >>

ABSOLUTELY ! ! !   Over the years and because somebody told me <G> I have told
Customers
(after leaning carb out approx = between running great and hardly running - LOL
-) to fill-up
with SHELL (only) Hi-test and go drive about 170 miles south and fill up with
SHELL (ONLY) Hi-test and come back;  re-fill & do same drive & then go directly
to Testing Station & get tested.  "If" car fails
(which has proved to be in serious minority <G>) go around block and lean-out
further and return to Station.
Cars have NOT failed after the foregoing <G> <G> <G> ! ! !

I have had ONE (1) Customer that "knew better" and used Amoco Hi-test and did
above then FAILED.
He did the "further lean out" to the point car would hardly run and barely made
it into Test Lane;
he STILL FAILED ! ! !

He did the above Shell + drives and PASSED <VBG> ! ! !   He stopped by later
same day and told me
"PLEASE go ahead and say 'I TOLD YOU SO' ".  We had a great laugh ! ! !