Re: [Mgs] Fw: float & aircare

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fw: float & aircare
From: "Schauss, Peter (ESS)" <peter.schauss@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 17:37:27 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Ed,

Exactly what I did - aluminum flashing for a heat shield.  The heat shield
also kept the oil which leaked from rear gearbox seal from dripping on the hot
catalytic converter.  Before I added the shield, the smoke from the oil on the
cat was a bit disconcerting.  I left the air pump connected which may have
helped keep the cat from getting too hot.

I removed the catalyst seven years ago when New York exempted my from the
emission inspection because it was over 25 years old.

Peter Schauss

Message: 6