[Mgs] 1954 MG TF Robbins Top Installation

To: mgs@autox.team.net s=q20140121; t=1436822337; bh=bUlPraPOoDY/gLEvAJ3ithIVuTloK/aM634B6FCOK+Q=; h=Received:Received:From:Content-Type:Subject:Message-Id:Date:To: Mime-Version; b=uIPTFHgDUXD1oDHE1pjOU8nqPsG+DZ6H2HCHG/dUFvS0qSxaBN13um1u8+X+U6Pl+ PXoZDEK1Ii87QiH3b6mUyLsJW6wtBFvK1RoSFwwj2xxOfHZH3z9+vdvJCciTJXmFR0 lcTO0E9tWZ9mUNlT0pnPJZJK7bl/T3NiWcECqsb2ssc8jIklvOzrgkSpr/PBb+Mxfz dlHii021DcKYTSSTu0Mz+Q++W/GH6byKmBVYeehWXtEjizrX2K/GZ9mkA5is9Y8ue6 xNtrpmb8EaCz+YEbCjvu2wZy85Rb4KAbYDMdcusOu/4v530n9hnFulIYwJEKVG+uDK iC2+QhfD0WQtw==
Subject: [Mgs] 1954 MG TF Robbins Top Installation
From: Donald Joseph Toy via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:18:55 -0400
Listers,
I could use a little advice. I am in the process of installing a new Robbins
top on my 1954 TF. I recovered the header rail and it went smoothly. I added a
modern weatherstrip under the vinyl for additional weather protection (the MG
hasnâ??t seen rain in 40 years). The problem I am having is since Robbins tops
come with no instructions and not much in the way of installation bits I was
wondering how everyone else makes the attachment around the back wooden strips.
The last top was simply stapled onto the wooden strips. I have attached it once
and it seems I have more material on one side and itâ??s really going to be a
stretch to get enough to make it far enough to get under the finishing strip.I
did read that some people were going to Home Depot and picking up a snap kit
and installing snaps along the wood. With a new top I was hoping for a much
better fit any it looks like Iâ??m going to get. I have made sure that I marker
the middle of the top and the car at both locations front and back. Any tips
would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Donald Joseph Toy
dontoy@comcast.net
â??all great men are deadâ?¦and Iâ??m not feeling well"