Re: [Mgs] 1954 MG TF Robbins Top Installation

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1954 MG TF Robbins Top Installation
From: "S. Carr via Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 09:32:15 -0400
If you're not concerned about authenticity, this is definitely the way to
go -- Dave, you're the second person I know who's done it this way -- when I
first saw Herb Walling's TF 30 years ago I thought "if I ever have to change
the top on my TD, this is the way I'm going to do it."  Sure beats dragging
your luggage forward over the top of the seat and risking damaging the
leather!  Of course, all the snaps except the one at each corner by the side
curtains go in the "underneath" piece of material, so they're invisible when
installed.  (The rear of the top was originally just tacked to the wood
strips.)

I don't understand your statement that "itâ??s really going to be a stretch to
get enough to make it far enough to get under the finishing strip" -- what
finishing strip are you talking about?

Sarah Carr
TD3942EXLU in PA
(owned since 1973)