Re: [Mgs] Hand soap

To: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Hand soap
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 20:47:04 -0500
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a113fb8c045867905218e0a97

Great advice. I use Dawn as a parts degreaser, rinse with hot water, and
dry with towels and compressed air. The stuff is genius.

-rick
On Oct 7, 2015 8:37 PM, "Richard Ewald via Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I have been working on cars since before the last Austin Healey rolled off
> the assembly line and my '67 B was brand new (before I got it)
> Over the years I have tried and purchased about every hand soap on the
> market for both my own use and the shops I have worked in and managed.
> Some are OK, some are good, a very few get beyond good.
> Anyway today I tore down a transmission from a GT-6, car has been sitting
> for who knows how long.  The 90W was almost sludge in the bottom of the
> case.
> It was dirty nasty and smelly.
> When I went into the house to clean up, I realized I was out of hand soap.
> :::Grumble:::
> But I have a bottle of this stuff
> http://dawn-dish.com/en-us/products/by-line/erasing-foam-fresh-rapids-scent
> in the kitchen.
> Dawn Platinum, which is awesome for cleaning dishes.  I put one pump of
> the foam on my hands and got about 90% of the crap off my hands, a second
> pump got the other 10% and one pump on my nail brush got my nails clean.
> This stuff rocks!
> So if you aren't overjoyed with your current hand soap, give this stuff a
> pump, I think you might be happy you did.
> Rick

--001a113fb8c045867905218e0a97

t water, and dry with towels and compressed air. The stuff is genius. </p>
Mgs&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";>mgs@autox.team.net</a>&=
gt; wrote:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=
n cars since before the last Austin Healey rolled off the assembly line and=
 my &#39;67 B was brand new (before I got it)<br></div>Over the years I hav=
e tried and purchased about every hand soap on the market for both my own u=
se and the shops I have worked in and managed.=C2=A0 Some are OK, some are =
good, a very few get beyond good.<br></div>Anyway today I tore down a trans=
mission from a GT-6, car has been sitting for who knows how long.=C2=A0 The=
 90W was almost sludge in the bottom of the case.=C2=A0 <br></div>It was di=
rty nasty and smelly.<br></div>When I went into the house to clean up, I re=
 bottle of this stuff <a href=3D"http://dawn-dish.com/en-us/products/by-lin=
e/erasing-foam-fresh-rapids-scent" target=3D"_blank">http://dawn-dish.com/e=
n-us/products/by-line/erasing-foam-fresh-rapids-scent</a> in the kitchen. <=
br></div>Dawn Platinum, which is awesome for cleaning dishes.=C2=A0 I put o=
ne pump of the foam on my hands and got about 90% of the crap off my hands,=
 a second pump got the other 10% and one pump on my nail brush got my nails=
 clean.=C2=A0 This stuff rocks!<br></div>So if you aren&#39;t overjoyed wit=
h your current hand soap, give this stuff a pump, I think you might be happ=
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>