Re: [Mgs] Speaker locations

To: mglist <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Speaker locations
From: Larry Colen via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 16:00:59 -0700

Barrie Robinson wrote on 9/22/18 3:43 PM:
> Thanks Larry!    I am not sure that that would work as I am always
> throwing stuff in the back - road kill, small dogs, vagrants, groceries
> and such !

For what it's worth, many years ago, I made myself a portable sound
system that I called the Pan Galactic Ghetto blaster:
http://red4est.com/pggb/

110 W/ch, it had a motorcycle battery sized gel cell in it, and was a
pretty handy portable system.
http://red4est.com/pggb/trailer/pict0147.jpg

These days  I have an Ion Job Rocker that I picked up at Costco for
about $100.

https://www.ionaudio.com/products/wireless-speakers/portable-power?gclid=CjwKCAjw0JfdBRACEiwAiDTALkIbiEQmnyX5IicrOPFxFKROjHTsAahkWkpr-qEmuuFcgGtxXdAXsBoCYQAQAvD_BwE

I have found that I often get better data connection on my phone on long
road trips than I do radio reception, so I'll often put my job rocker
between the seats in my van and just stream music from my phone via
bluetooth.  A charge of the battery is good for something like 12 hours
or more.

My suggestion is to just get one of those, try tossing it into the back
and see how it works for a while.  Worst case you end up with a
bluetooth speaker to use in your garage or at the track.

--
Larry Colen           LRC@red4est.com
http://red4est.com/lrc