Re: [Mgs] MGA Luggage rack

To: Thomas Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA Luggage rack
From: Dan DiBiase via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 08:53:52 -0400
Cc: mglist <Mgs@autox.team.net>

--00000000000086b2c6058fc2ca69

My B was the same, it came with a crappy luggage rack that was rusted, so I
removed it and left the bolts in. I also don't like the look of it and
don't need the extra carrying capacity. Always intended to source a used
trunk lid and replace it but never made it to the top (or even near the
top) of my to-do list.

Dan D
Central NJ USA
http://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 9:50 PM Thomas Gunderson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone X
>
> When I got my car 22 years ago. The trunk had four holes in the boot that
> had been plugged with a small rubber washer and a silver domed bolt. I got
> a new rack from Moss. I found that the holes in my boot did not lineup with
> the rack from Moss. I have the correct style rack for the car. So the last
> owner had a smaller rack.
> Now I find it hard to mount the correct rack and have to drill four more
> holes in rhe boot. Should I leave it off or mount it?
>
> Tom Gunderson
> 1957 MGA 1500 rst

--00000000000086b2c6058fc2ca69

 was rusted, so I removed it and left the bolts in. I also don&#39;t like t=
he look of it and don&#39;t need the extra carrying capacity. Always intend=
ed to source a used trunk lid and replace it but never made it to the top (=
signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><a href=3D"h=
ttp://dandibiase.cbintouch.com/" target=3D"_blank">http://dandibiase.cbinto=
"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 9:50 PM Thom=
as Gunderson via Mgs &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mgs@autox.team.net";>mgs@autox.te=
argin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left=
:1ex"><br>
Sent from my iPhone X<br>
When I got my car 22 years ago. The trunk had four holes in the boot that h=
ad been plugged with a small rubber washer and a silver domed bolt. I got a=
 new rack from Moss. I found that the holes in my boot did not lineup with =
the rack from Moss. I have the correct style rack for the car. So the last =
owner had a smaller rack.<br>
Now I find it hard to mount the correct rack and have to drill four more ho=
les in rhe boot. Should I leave it off or mount it? <br>
Tom Gunderson<br>
1957 MGA 1500 rst<br>
/a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs"; rel=3D"noreferrer" t=