Re: [Mgs] MGA Luggage rack

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA Luggage rack
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 09:29:21 -0400

--------------E6BB553A4B015AD9C8063274

Buy a new rack and set it up with your new rack - Then when you have to
strap on luggage (rather rare moments??) just change over the boot lids :-)

On 8/9/2019 10:47 PM, Steven Trovato via Mgs wrote:
> My vote is to leave it off, unless you take a lot of trips where you
> really want the rack to carry luggage.  I prefer the look of the car
> without it.
>
> -Steve
>
> At 09:50 PM 8/9/2019, Thomas Gunderson via Mgs wrote:
>

>> Sent from my iPhone X
>>
>> When I got my car 22 years ago. The trunk had four holes in the boot
>> that had been plugged with a small rubber washer and a silver domed
>> bolt. I got a new rack from Moss. I found that the holes in my boot
>> did not lineup with the rack from Moss. I have the correct style rack
>> for the car. So the last owner had a smaller rack.
>> Now I find it hard to mount the correct rack and have to drill four
>> more holes in rhe boot. Should I leave it off or mount it?
>>
>> Tom Gunderson
>> 1957 MGA 1500 rst
>

> ---

--------------E6BB553A4B015AD9C8063274

  <head>
  </head>
        your new rack - Then when you have to strap on luggage (rather
        rare moments??) just change over the boot lids <span
      via Mgs wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:BF.DB.17549.6903E4D5@mta3.srv.hcvlny.cv.net">My vote is
      to leave it off, unless you take a lot of trips where you really
      want the rack to carry luggage.  I prefer the look of the car
      without it.
      -Steve
        When I got my car 22 years ago. The trunk had four holes in the
        boot that had been plugged with a small rubber washer and a
        silver domed bolt. I got a new rack from Moss. I found that the
        holes in my boot did not lineup with the rack from Moss. I have
        the correct style rack for the car. So the last owner had a
        smaller rack.
        Now I find it hard to mount the correct rack and have to drill
        four more holes in rhe boot. Should I leave it off or mount it?
        Tom Gunderson
        1957 MGA 1500 rst
      ---
      software.
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus";>https://www.avast.com/antivirus</a>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>
      Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
      Suggested annual donation  $12.75
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"