Re: [Mgs] Two MGs and friends

To: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Two MGs and friends
From: Robert's New iPad <mgbobh@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 10:09:44 -0500
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Hi Rick,
        Itâ??s good to read of your adventures, and to learn of your connection
with Hans and Rui whom I know only by this listâ??s correspondence.
        Do you still have the original wheel cylinders for TD?  Mine were
pitted; I bought new. Then I disliked the apparent cheesiness of them so I had
my originals sleeved.
        Many say that you can clean the wet shoes with brake cleaner. Probably
so, though I would put one of the contaminated/cleaned shoes on each side, so
any loss of effectiveness would be shared. And, I would put that shoe as the
â??trailingâ?? shoe on the wheels, as we donâ??t do much serious braking in
reverse.
        Me? For the cost of a new set of shoes I would buy the set.  Check
Abingdon Spares site, as not too long ago they were on sale.
Bob