Re: [Mgs] Two MGs and friends

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Two MGs and friends
From: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com> aiHWd3tyfujavYSA7H7pPidCLqeJifO8BeaMApDFVuKnUhE/rkQvynnR9hbhmDFxlo4K0XRtXafKOxMIjtgVK2V+s+4g55KjAxQ=
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 08:19:31 +0000
You can probably getaway with cleaning brake fluid off with brake
cleaner, less likely with axle oil.  I chose to replace mine though
after seal weeps both sides, cleaned the drum, and after that they were
awful - couldn't hold the car on a moderate slope. Several times I
removed the drums and sanded down the high spots (funnily enough a
program here last week on rebuilding a Spitfire - the Supermarine
version! - had to do the same thing).  Since then and nine years later
they are better but still not as good as the roadster when they were
broadly comparable before.  I had previously replaced them in 1997 and
don't recall any problems then.

PaulH.