mini-baja

Re: Full Retail Price

To: Charles Ray <Charles.Ray@student.oc.edu>, mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Full Retail Price
From: jcs28@buffalo.edu
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:02:22 -0400
In answer to your first question, I have never heard of or witnessed
this practice you describe, but I am sure it would be looked down on
as it seems to be in violation of the current rules.  In past years
the cost report format was different, it involved coming up with a
mass production cost instead of a prototype cost.  Maybe this is what
you are thinking of.  The current object of the cost report is to show
the actual cost of producing your prototype vehicle, not a mass
produced model.  All of the exact parts on your car should be on the
cost report.  Starting last year, the judges have been cracking down
and actually comparing the vehicles to their cost reports to check for
this sort of thing.

Full retail price (i.e. MSRP) is supposed to be used, regardless of
whether you paid less for it or not.  If you cannot find the actual
MSRP, then I would use what seems like the normal retail price
(assuming you got the part at a discount).

Justin Scheifflee
UB Mini-Baja