West system epoxy

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA), morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: West system epoxy
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 17:32:02 -0400
At 10:43 AM 7/2/96 -0500, BOB   NOGUEIRA wrote:

> JOHN  did you find the West system  as a package ?  When I was into
> wooden boats the West brothers had just come out with the system for
> building boats and it was not  available.  Interestingly the other
> new method was concrete hulls.

Bob,

  I know what you mean about stalling and NOT going out into the heat.
I hate the summer.  Give me 55 to 70, a gently breeze and some shade
and I'm OK.

  To you question about the West system.  Not really a kit.  A local
distributor sells the resin, hardner and filler.  In addition they
have pumps for both the resin and hardner.  They are to be mixed
5 parts to 1 part.  These pumps make it easy as they delever the
correct ration with 1 pump on each pump.  I've found that 2 to 3
pumps of each will fit nicely in a cat food can and is about all
you can use before it flashes.

  I suggest calling them to try to find a distributor in you area.
  The following info is off my '89 products sheet.

    Gougeon Brothers, Inc.
    Bay City, Mi. USA.
       (517) 684-7286

John