Re: Summer project Day two

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA), morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Summer project Day two
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 17:32:10 -0400
At 07:26 AM 7/2/96 -0500, BOB   NOGUEIRA wrote:
>-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --
>
> Well Day two has come and gone and I'm just a little behind where I
> was hoping to be at this  point on the Morgan quarter panel
> replacement.

Bob,

   When you get done, could you write up an article  about making the
quarter panel?  Take some pictures also if you can.  Well add it to
the Morgan Tech pages.

> Its also the perfect size to cut the door skins out  for my DHC.

This would also make a good article, especially how you folded the
edges over the flanges that Morgan nailed to the wooden door frame.

> I was worried about the old tack and screw holes since they would
> be a great place for water to enter the wood an the exposed end
> grain would make  a nice meal for the rot fungus  The epoxy would
> solve that problem.

Bob, what I did for those holes and even the larger holes on the
lower door frame (where the bolts go all the way though the sill
to hold the fenders on) was to fill the large holes with dowel and
epoxy, the smaller hole I used tooth picks and epoxy.  Check out
the articles on the wood work and reinstalling the skin.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!