Daily drivers

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Daily drivers
From: NHJL45A@prodigy.com (MR LANNIS N SELZ)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 11:39:49, -0500
I continue to be encouraged by listening here to the number of people
who drive their Morgans every day to work, and who autocross them on
weekends.  Because that is the way I drive my LBCs, I had been
hesitant to consider a Morgan despite my growing desire for one.  You
have to pay quite a bit of money (at least to someone who's used to
buying old TRs and MGs and fixing them up and driving them) to gain
entrance into the Morgan world; up to now, there would certainly have
been some trepidation on my part.  I'm gradually losing that
trepidation......

Somebody who knows, give me an estimate comparable to what it takes
for me to buy and operate an MGB.

1. Buy MG driver (little surface rust, upholstery rips, needs new OD
switch, engine/trans solid, couple of non-stock things added, could
use new top) - $3000.    Comparable Morgan - $ ??

2. @900 miles/month. MG Parts - $100/mo averaged over year.  Morgan
4/4 ?

3. Every other weekend - MG - Add oil to SUs
                                            Check/clean points
                                            Check all the fluids
                                            Keep on driving it.
                                   Morgan- ??

Thanks for your time and trouble!!!                   Lannis