Adjusting Drophead (and other?) doors

To: morgans@autox.team.net, pdburket@intrepid.net, NKED65A@prodigy.com
Subject: Adjusting Drophead (and other?) doors
From: David Crandall <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 11:24:20 -0400
Bob Nogueira's discussion of how Morgan doors are supposed to work
was very enlightening; now I know for sure why mine rattle and leak!
The next question is: what to do when the bottom is out further than the
top by more than is OK.  If memory from a chat with Steve Miller,
California Morgan restorer, serves, the door frames, at least on the
roadsters, are originally made with a slight curve to them.  When some
are restored and new frames fabricated, they can be made straight by
mistake.  The result is an unsightly protrusion of the door at the lower
rear edge that is nigh onto impossible to adjust for even with a lot of
monkeying with the hinges.  Also, I suppose age and/or rot could
produce a similar problem.

I believe I have an alignment problem, but before I go fooling around in an
area that's prone to be unforgiving to a misplaced hole (wouldn't some
kind of slotted hinge plate be nice?), thought I'd pose the question.