Re: Help!

To: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserman@actsnet.com>
Subject: Re: Help!
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 17:24:16 -0400
At 06:55 PM 5/3/98 -0500, Stephen F. Bauserman wrote:

>Thanks for the advice on the alignment tool.  It was one of the best $2.00
>purchases I have made.  Purchased it at Pep Boys around the corner from the
>house.  For future reference it is the 7/8" 20 spline MG/Triumph/Austin
>tool.

Great Steve,  Glad that option worked!!!  I'll have to put it in the
xref info list.

>Everything is in one piece, but somewhere along the way my notes on the
>firing order of the sparkplugs disappeared.  My book (Brooklands) says
>either 1-2-4-3 or 1-4-3-2 .

I had my dad check my car.  He said that it is 1-3-4-2.  I checked a
couple of book here, one particularly on the Cortina.  No firing order
in it anywhere.

>Is plug one at the front or the back?

1 is to the front right behind the radiator.

>I am getting fire to the plugs....

That's good.  Try the new (3rd) firing order and see what happens.  The
other possibility is that you went the wrong way around the distributor.
Pull the cap, and hit the starter, see which direction the rotor cap
moves.

>Thanks in advance for the info.

No problem Steve.  That's what friends are for.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V