Help!

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>,
Subject: Help!
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserman@actsnet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 18:55:36 -0500
John:

Thanks for the advice on the alignment tool.  It was one of the best $2.00
purchases I have made.  Purchased it at Pep Boys around the corner from the
house.  For future reference it is the 7/8" 20 spline MG/Triumph/Austin
tool.

Everything is in one piece, but somewhere along the way my notes on the
firing order of the sparkplugs disappeared.  My book (Brooklands) says
either 1-2-4-3 or 1-4-3-2 .  If we assume plug one is at the front of the
engine.  The engine turns but does not fire with option one.  If I use
option 2 it backfires.  Do you remember how yours is set?  Is plug one at
the front or the back?  I am getting fire to the plugs.  I put a bolt into a
plug wire and held it to the top of a plug with a pair of insulated pliers.
I also tried priming the carb.

My car is a 67 4/4 with the 1500 engine with Webber carb and header.  As I
recall your car is the same, but you have the SU carb and exhaust manifold.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4
83 Mercedes 300SD