Re: Help!

To: arlin@slip.net
Subject: Re: Help!
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 17:19:06 -0400
At 07:35 PM 5/5/98 -0700, you wrote:

>>At 06:55 PM 5/3/98 -0500, Stephen F. Bauserman wrote:
>>>
>>>Thanks for the advice on the alignment tool.  It was one of the best
>>>$2.00 purchases I have made.  Purchased it at Pep Boys around the corner
>>>from the house.  For future reference it is the 7/8" 20 spline
>>>MG/Triumph/Austin tool.
>>
>John,
>       What kind of allignment tool? For 4/4's only?

Michael,

   Steve was having problems aligning his clutch plate so that he could
bolt up the xmission.  I suggested that he take a clutch plate with him
and measure the dia. of the hole in the pilot bearing and see if any of
the "new" plastic clutch pilot aligning tool that the auto parts stores
are selling would work.  Well he found one and it made his life a lot
simpler.

   While this particular tool is might be unique to the 4/4s with the
Ford engs. the problem is not.  If you have a +4 and are going to do a
clutch job, you might want to try the local auto parts store and see if
they have a pilot aligning tool for the +4s.

>BTW, did I ever send you a couple of B&W images of Morgans at speed
>from my portfolio? If not, and you're interested, I'd be happy to.

No you didn't.  Yes, when you get a chance, I'd love a couple of pix.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V