Re: No-scoop bonnet

To: Robert Alexander <ralex@unm.edu>, tjsouz@epix.net
Subject: Re: No-scoop bonnet
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 22:11:48 -0400
Tony, Bob, et al: I also followed FPS3's suggestion on using the short TR4A
carbs mounted on the TR3 manifold. By having the faces of the TR3 manifold
milled down about 3/16" each side, I was able to mount ram air tubes inside
a pair of round pancake style K&N filters under the hood of my '67 +4, with
no crimping, denting or otherwise compromising the K&N's. Works great!

I don't know how wide the engine room of the flat rad +4 is, relative to my
cavernous space in the cowled +4, but I'll be happy to measure the overall
length from the block to the outer edge of the front air cleaner, if
anyone's interested.

Tony, The one small drawback is that the block side flange on the intake
manifold's now a little thinner than the flange on the exhaust manifold.
The stud clamps work OK, they're just a little canted. If you're going to
get some tuned headers welded up then just remember to dimension the
flanges the same thickness as you end up with on the intake.

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4 6676