Re: TDC on F2 Engine

To: CTDreher@aol.com, EPaul21988@aol.com, morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TDC on F2 Engine
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 11:38:28 EDT
Carl is absolutely right on as far as finding TDC. This is the absolute proper
way to find true TDC and it is important first step to take when ever you
build an engine. I like to bore a 1" hole in the bellhousing and then mark the
flywheel. Much easier than looking at a hole in the pully (TR engines).

However... While I like to do things the "right" way... in the world of 8HP
Fords...

Watch the piston & when it is "up".... you are about there. Static time it
there and it should start. Remember the firing order is different from a TR
engine.

Then I'd just time it by the seat-of-my-pants.

Some where in it's checkered past- it may have had the timing chain sprocket
replaced with one from a later engine. I dunno....

Fred Sisson