two and four seaters plus wiring plus electricity & switches & owner

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: two and four seaters plus wiring plus electricity & switches & owner
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 12:35:12 EST
My old '55 +4+4 has a jump seat much like Bob's. It was done 34 years ago
though. The vertical panel is slanted back also, sort of "tucked under" the
jump seat giving me almost 18 inches of floor behind the front seat. An adult
can sit back there (sideways) and have foot room or I can ride two 11 year-
olds with no problem... except the weight. I love the combo. Not for the
highway, but in my world- I often have to ride kids. I wanted a four-seater
but out of my price league a the time (still?). This has been a good
compromise.

I also shortened the boot floor on my '65 years ago- by about three inches.
Sure made it a lot more comfortable to drive to be able to move the seat
back..

A big plus for installing relays for the lights is that the (expen$ive) Lucas
switches last longer with the low amperage...

A big plus for installing an alternator is that the (expen$ive) Lucas switches
last longer with the proper voltage. Low voltage = high amperage and will eat
'em and the alternator keeps the voltage right up there. Also battery lasts
longer...

If you are running high-amp headlights with the generator- top the battery now
& then with a trickle charger. With a lot of night driving you will slowly run
out of juice as the generator can't keep up and you are depleting the battery
by the difference... Sometimes over a period of weeks... If your lights dim a
bunch at idle- then time for a refreasher...

The alternator produces current equal too, but not (much) more than, the
accessories demand. Therefore the battery keeps at full charge & lights don't
dim at idle, etc..

I like the solid-state turn signal flashers. The only drawback is that you
cannot tell when a bulb is out by the indicator light rate. The remaining
bulbs still flash and at the same rate. I just check everything regularly...
easy enough..

I like cars that I OWN.. therefore my standard's are different. I personaly am
not keeping my car for someone else to own in the future. Of course they
will... but in the meantime, it's mine. Therefor if I want to drill a hole.. I
can. For the same reason- I don't like having my car judged at events- who
knows better if it is "right" than me? It's MY car. I want grease on my
kingpins... So don't follow my "advice..."
Trailer queens are fun to look at, and I am glad someone is their caretaker.
It is a selfless act and I admire them for it.

By the way- has anyone ever seen the JAWA trike with the fabric body? My
neighbor just bought one (a '65). Most interesting vehicle...

Fred Sisson