Re: Seeing over the steering wheel

To: "Jon Callas" <jon@callas.org>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seeing over the steering wheel
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 15:05:05 -0800
You don't say what year or model Morgan you have.  Most  2 seaters made
during the 50s and 60s had an inflatable rubber bladder inside the seat
cushion.  By  inflating this bladder it was possible to not only make the
seat harder and softer, but it was also possible to raise the seating
position by at least 3 inches.
    Unfortunately, after  6 or 7 years the bladders would spring leaks.  It
was easy to repair them with a bicycle tire repair kit, but eventually they
needed to be replaced and there have been no supplies for over 20 years.  We
have tried, so far unsuccessfully, to have them reproduced.  The effort is
currently being pursued .  The air bladder seat comfort is FAR superior to
the best foam  seat cushions.
                                                            Regards, Greg
Solow