Engine pickling

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine pickling
From: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:51:13 -0500
You know, I heard about a guy who dismantled a rare Ferrari and stashed the
parts in various places in order to collect on the insurance. He, as I
recall, removed the carbs and ancillaries then places the complete engine
and gearbox in oil drums full of oil - NOW THAT'S PICKLING!!
I guess it all depends on the condition the engine is in now. If it will
need a rebuild anyway - I guess it really doesn't matter too much how it is
stored - on the other hand if it's ready to go - I concur with the other
listers - Oil the cylinders, and turn the crank periodically.

Regards.

Jeff