Re: Windscreen Washers?

To: Jeff Webster <carfindr@tiac.net>,
Subject: Re: Windscreen Washers?
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 99 23:28:57 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

 Jeff
Washers on an old Morgan are irrelevant  since the wipers are so slow that
any water on the windshield will air dry before a wiper blade can make the
trip up to clear it .
 That said ,Duchess, a 1964 Plus 4, had a single chrome nozzle with two
chrome screws which had holes for the water to come out, This was mounted on
the  center of the cowl .
All other parts were missing and I found no holes showing where they might
have been mounted.
My DHC  1962  had a Lucas Glass bottle and pump  mounted on the fire wall
just above the started motor. It, however had no holes or indication of  how
the water got from the bottle to the windscreen.
I find when washers are needed loosening up the radiator cap a bit and the
louvers allow the overflow  to spray ont to the windscreen in a perfect
pattern. It should be noted however that while leaky radiators were a
"standard fitting by the factory I believe the loose fitting radiator cap
was an extra cost option.
Having seen some of the cars driving around New Haven  being held together
with duct tape,  I'd suggest duct taping a  Wind bottle to the bonnet   to
get past the       inspection.

   Bob Nogueira
  ( I always worried about those  duct taped cars. I mean were those the
same guys who built the  engines for the plane I just flew in on ?)

------- REPLY, Original message follows --------