RE: Windscreen Washers?

To: carfindr@tiac.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Windscreen Washers?
From: Gerry Willburn <Gerry.Willburn@trw.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:17:35 -0800
Jeff

The system used as an option on MORGANs was the Trico system.  The
components are shown on page 22 of the Sixth Edition of Melvyn Rutter's
catalog.  This shows the plastic bottle as used on later cars.  The earlier
cars used a glass bottle.  Melvyn has reproductions of these as well (part
number ELM161).  The pump motor is built into the lid of the bottle.

On our Saloon, the actuating switch on the facia was actually a clever
bellows system which operated the system through air pressure without the
pump motor.

Good luck

Gerry