RE: RE LEATHER CARE

To: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>, morgans@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: RE LEATHER CARE
From: Linda & Nelson Warner <nrwarner@pop.snet.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 20:50:14 -0500
Chuck,
    Long ago in a Western Connecticut Valley lived the Naugas. They were
about the size of a small goat. When "civilization" came to the valley the
Naugas were hunted for their meat and hide. Later the valley and a city
were named for them. Naugatuck became prosperous, mills grew as Naugahide
vied with leather to become the cover of choice for car seats. The Naugas
died off and the mills shut down, but every now and then if you know where
to look you may still see a Nauga or two.
    The only thing sadder was to see the poor little Mos freezing in the
cold after all their hair was shaved off to make Mohair

At 13:58 -0500 3/18/99, Vandergraaf, Chuck wrote:
>Stephen,
>
>How could you!  Those poor naugas!  Never seen a live one, so they must be
>close to extinction.  Hope the animal rights people don't hear about this or
>you may find your car's interior redecorated.  ;-)
>
>Chuck Vandergraaf
>'52 +4 (just old cow skins)
>

>> I opted for the hide of a nauga when I did my early Plus 8 to match the
>> original of course.  Also when you sit down in the car with a screwdriver
>> protruding from your back pocket, the damage may not bring tears!!
>>
>> S. Stierman 69 +8

The road goes on forever...