Re: disproportion

Subject: Re: disproportion
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 14:04:49 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 20:29:15   L.D. McLaughlin, Jr. wrote:
Could the discrepancy be related to Morgan putting Koni shocks on the late
model cars as contrasted to the  earlier lever action models?

Tony

Hi all,

Tony might have put his finger on the answer. I had a  factory option rear
suspension with shocks on my car.I believe it was offered from 1989 on (though
many owners of earlier +8s had it installed after the fact.

It consists of a "yoke" attachment straddling the  differential and attached to
the wheel wells called officially the "rear telescopic tublar conversion". With
this kit the shocks were angled inward from brackets just forward of the wheels
to brackets on the tubluar "yoke".

The shock angling was "eclectic" (eclectic shock angling being a very large
"no-no" in principle and in practise) and the effect was less than optimum. I
changed the lot for a new brackets system allowing for much better shock
bracket placement and the improvement in ciomfort and handling is striking.

That being said, when I just examined my car's photos before and after the
change, I now see a significant difference in the relationship between the tire
and fender arch. That could be what Mike is looking for and the "odd
relationship" is a function of the "yoke" Factory suspension kit.

LMG