RE: insurance (strictly for original cars?)

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: insurance (strictly for original cars?)
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:15:26 -0700
Steve,
I did not mention that anything on my car was modified when I sent in my
application. I would not consider an engine rebuild, even to .040 oversize
to be modified. Also with Morgans just about all options were available
right out the door. If it is an original type engine I would not feel
obligated to state a rebuilt as a modification. So it sounds like you
tripped some triggers for JCT and once you trip those you are just dealing
with clerks who usually don't know a Morgan from their butt.

So anyway I turned in my application with everything standard and they
approved it within 24 hours of receipt. I am now working with them to get
the requisite paperwork sent to the state of Mass and to the insurer so I
can cancel my other insurance. In this state I found out you cannot cancel
out a policy simply by calling the insurance company. You either need proof
that you sold the car (surrender the plates to the insurance company and
then they send them to the state) or have the new insurer inform them by
letter. You also need to make sure the registry is informed otherwise they
will cancel your registration.

Good luck,
Phil
67 +4