Re: Moss transmission

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moss transmission
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:57:12 -0700
Phil Roettjer wrote:

> I had a successful weekend replacing the front seal on my Moss trani.
>
> Anyway I replaced it with a modern neoprene seal (~$9 item) that Morgan
> Fuller at Cantab had recommended. I had to have the nose piece machined
> since the OD is larger on the new seal ($35).

Hi Phil,
I replaced the front seal on the Moss box of the flat rad four-seater
project car last January.  My notes say I used (and I think this was a
Chicago Rawhide No.) part No. 11269.  I don't remember having to do any
machining.  What was the part No. You used?  Fred Sisson lists a
Federal-Mogul seal, part No. 171763 which does require machining and
Fred has a handwritten footnote in my edition which lists the same CR
part I used.

Regards,
Tony Souza