RE: Wire Wheels and Tubes 2

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wire Wheels and Tubes 2
From: Harvey Gilmartin <harveyg@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:22:47 -0400
Steve,
Most modern road tires are designed to run at 30-35 psi (on much heavier
cars.) They will flex quite a bit at 20psi- especially if you drive on
rough and/or twisty roads. If the problem is chafing ribs, a little more
pressure (maybe 25 psi) would help a lot. Of course, some of the fillings
may be shaken out of your teeth in the process.
Harvey
On bicycle tires, if you have too little pressure, you get pinch flats. The
sidewall collapses against the rim when you hit a bump, pothole, or rock.
You get a pair of holes in the side of the tube that look like a snake
bite. I think you'd have to hit pretty big pothole to do this in a car.
Harvey: