Re: air cleaner

To: BristolBul@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air cleaner
From: CHarris990@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 22:24:01 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/00 7:12:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
BristolBul@aol.com writes:

<< Morgan advisors:

 my recently acquired '61 plus 4 has an archaic steel gauze air cleaner
 feeding into a tapered manifold feeding into the SU's

 i seem to remember having filters like this on some old MG's but i can
hardly
 remember

 was this type of air cleaner intended to be bathed in oil and drained in
 order to more or less act as a filter in the old days?

 I've heard of machining off the intake manifold to make room for a pair of
 paper air filters but I'm not ready for that yet

 Dave chappell >>
Dave,
Air cleaners are an effeminate affectation.  Since your car didn't come with
it the only reason to have an air cleaner is just to have something to worry
about.
Harris
'66 4/4