newsletters

Re: Various Stuff

To: LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Various Stuff
From: vince.WBST207V@xerox.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 07:00:02 PST
<<We generally use Xerographic copying machines to create the 200-plus
newsletters ...
to keep the cost generally under $1.00...
with an average of 14 pages. Our postage is generally $.55, and
the printer (actually copier) that we uses gives us a price break at $.03
per side. That comes to $.97 per issue per member>>

We at Western New York MG Car Club are now using bulk mailing!
To use bulk mail you must be willing to do some of the sorting and
mail 200 or more at a time.  There is a one time charge of $75 to
print the bulk mail stamp(saves applying stamps), and a yearly cost of $75.
Our mailing cost is now $.266 compared to $.75 before bulk.

Your local post office can help you with the paperwork.  They will provide
supplies and train you for sorting.

<<We generally use Xerographic copying machines...
It works fine except our pictures almost always
lack detail and grey-scale quality.>>

We also use Xerogrophy to publish.  Ours are done on a Xerox Docuprint,
and sometimes a 5090.  Our picture quality is excellent now that we have
been using the photocontrast setting on the machines.  Most high volumn printers
will have a similar setting, ask the key operator.  If your copier still
doesn't
produce good results try using line or dot screens.

Vince Capaccio
SPOKES Editor
MGCC Western New York Centre