newsletters

Re: Getting paid

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Getting paid
From: Chuck Hanson <hanson@swcp.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 18:27:31 -0600
At 07:58 PM 9/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello gang,

<snip>

>  Any way, I know most of us volunteered (or were volunteered) for the
>job of newsletter editor.  I've been talking to several other editors for
>national club newsletters and they were telling me about how much the
>were paid for the job.
>
>Based on my 1st issue, I don't know if there IS enough money.  However,
>I was wondering if any of you get paid for your work by the club, if so
>how much, and how big & often due you publish.
>
>One fellow I talked to gets about $800 per issue - newsletter is quarterly,
>and about 84 pages.  Another fellow gets about $150 per issue, 9 issues
>per year, about 10 pages per issue

Jeez!  What a concept!  I'm doing 11 issues a year averaging 10 pages per
and doing it for free.  The club did buy a new HP LaserJet for me to use as
long as I'm doing the Roadrunner, but that's it.  I spend an amazing amount
of time and I'm really tempted to propose a salary.  A grand a year would
sure help pay for autocross tires!

Anyone else out there getting paid?

Chuck Hanson
Secretary and Newsletter Editor