Re: [Nobbc] Meetings

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Meetings
From: Greg Tatarian <gtwincams@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:57:18 -0700
Greetings, John, and welcome to the club.

You've joined an unusual club, in that we have no meetings, no dues, and
almost no rules except for human and driver decency...

We typically hold two drives a month during the summer, throttling back
to once a month during winter/rainy months. Ron Englehardt, one of the
founding members, is our organizer and fearless leader; he sends each of
us who are on the autox.team.net list, as you are, a notice about the
drives a few days in advance. The crowd who shows up usually picks the
destination and route, but in the last couple of years, some of us have
been pre-designing drive routes and destinations, and provide more
advance notice for planning of your schedule.

The event this weekend we have been discussing is the CSRG Charity
Challenge classic races held at Infineon this weekend. Mike Gianandrea
has thoughfully arranged with Infineon to arrange for the NOBBC to have
a car corral just for us, if we can get at least ten members to commit
by tomorrow morning and notify Mike through this forum. If we can't get
the minimum, we'll just park with the rest of the riff-raff and still
enjoy the races.

Here's the web site:
http://www.csrgracing.org/charitymaincsrg.html

Here's Ron's latest email in case you missed it...
I received the following from Mike. As he's having a problem sending to
the list, I'll forward it to you all. The vintage races are quite fun
and well worth the admission fee especially with the paddock thrown in.

This is our regular ride weekend coming up and I propose going to the
races instead. As it happens, family obligations will preclude me form
attending our ride or the races. Please get in touch with Mike through
the list or his personal email address to RSVP. If someone wants to take
charge and lead a group to the races or a regular ride, step up now as
time is getting short.

Ron
58 MGA

Hope to see you soon, John.