Re: [Nobbc] Petronix ignition testing

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Petronix ignition testing
From: "Norman S. Weinfeld" <norman.weinfeld@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:12:02 -0800
My Jag XK140 left me stranded after installing the Pertronix electronic
ignition setup. Only time it's ever done that. After consultation with Jason
Len of XK's Unlimited, I was advised to make sure that I was using a
matching coil that was up to it (I was), and that the ignition wires were up
to snuff as well. They apparently weren't, and after changing them out, the
thing has run as never before and continues to do so to this day. I also
installed GROSE-type carb jets at the same time, however, so I'm not sure
how much that factors in. But I, too, have heard of a number of others
having had troubles after going the Pertronix route. For my part, though,
I'm sold. Now...

Norm Weinfeld
'55 XK140 DHC
San Francisco