Re: [Nobbc] Fwd: FW: Anglia Versus 2 Jags

To: "North Bay British Car Club" <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Fwd: FW: Anglia Versus 2 Jags
From: "Tim Thresh" <tsthresh@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:01:54 -0700
Great video Robin,

I like the sideways Hillman Imp around 2:45 out.

BTW this looks to be very original footage. The old "long" track- and not
much in the infield pit area.
I drove a 1/2 day driver training at the short/new track in the 90's ( in a
BMW318 and a Formula Ford).  Great fun for a 45th birthday present!

That Anglia certainly sounds like a loose bag of gear cogs..... never quite
seems to keep it on the cam around the tight turns. A great race but
remember that the Jags were the police patrol car of choice in those days.
One would have needed at least a well-tweaked Lotus Cortina to stay ahead of
them in a straight line!

Cheers, Tim
1958 MGA