Re: [oletrucks] V.I.N. Decoding 1951-2 Chev 1/2 Ton P/U

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, Robert Collins <collins@peterboro.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] V.I.N. Decoding 1951-2 Chev 1/2 Ton P/U
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:50:18 -0700
Robert Collins wrote:

> Can anyone help me determine the exact year of the vehicle bearing the
> following info on the cowl tag.
> It is a made in Canada  vehicle and I suspect a 51 or 52 Chev p/u
> Model 1314
> Serial 2131406532
> Engine C543596
> Body Serial 2745
> Trim 394
> Paint 230
> Any help decoding the above would be appreciated
>
> TIA
> Robert Collins
> collins@peterboro.net

Hi Robert,

        The "2" at the beginning of the serial # inicates the year, 1952. The
next 4 digits, "1314" indicate the model, which is the Canadian
equivilent of a 3100, or 1/2 ton pickup. The engine number should match
the number stamped on the engine block, unless it's been changed in the
past. Don't know how to decode the rest of the info. Hope this helps!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles