Re: [oletrucks] Keyless Entry

To: Lee Glenn <lglenn11@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Keyless Entry
From: JOE GARCIA <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 21:48:41 -0700
Hi Lee,

I have a Dakota Digital 8-Function remote control with Viper Alarm
System in my 50 AD.  I have power windows from Specialty Power Windows
and remote entry from Dakota Digital like you want to install.  I can
pop open either door and raise and lower either window.  I have two
jumper lugs under the running boards connected to the negative and
positive battery so if the battery goes dead I just connect the jumper
cables to the lugs and I'm in.  I also wired in the Viper Alarm system
to pop open my Drivers door on dis-arm that way I don't have to grab
the alarm remote and then grab the Dakota Digital remote to gain access
to the cab.  Everything runs nice and smooth and I haven't had one
problem in 5 years.  I still use a key to operate the ignition.

If both remotes go dead, I have a toggle hidden under the cab that is
hard wired to the door solenoid so I can open a door for me to gain
access. The toggle is only powered when the ignition is off to prevent
accidental triggering while in motion.

I've installed the Autoloc remote entry in my nephews 48 GMC and it was
really nice.  The door solenoids were weak and I had to order some
stronger pull solenoids from Dakota Digital and he was down the road.

Joe