RE: engine hoists

To: ross@msbcs.ENET.dec.com
Subject: RE: engine hoists
From: henry rowlison <hrowliso@utep.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 12:06:01 -0700 (MST)
A few years back I constructed a "gin" pole setup that I installed in the
back of my full size pickup truck.  The poles mounted on the bumper, a
chain went from the poles to the front of the bed (attached to a welded
in bracket via a clevis)  This created three points of attachment.  I
attached a come-along to the end of the poles and have winched many
engines out of their compartments.  With a steady foot on the gas pedal
pulling an engine is an easy proposition for one or two guys.

HR