Re: Grand Tool: Bead blaster

To: thomas walter x5955 <walter@roadster.sps.mot.com>
Subject: Re: Grand Tool: Bead blaster
From: Phil Ethier <ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 00:58:06 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, thomas walter x5955 wrote:

> P.S. Someone was describing to me a technique to renew
> BALL JOINTS, by injecting cleaner, release agent, then some
> hi-tech polymer is injected into the ball joint. Claim was
> "better than new, permanently lubricated". But the person
> had only "heard" of this company, and didn't pay attention
> the name. Anyone have any leads?

Yeah.  I've heard of the company.  Local Twin Cities outfit called The 3M
Company.  :-)

3M invented this stuff about 30 years ago.  Like many 3M inventions
however (like the "Kroy" lettering machine), it may have been sold off to
someone else.  I'd start with 3M automotive products and go from there.

Phil Ethier