Re: Recommendations for an electric grinder/cut-off wheel?

To: mikel@ichips.intel.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Recommendations for an electric grinder/cut-off wheel?
From: pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@chong))
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 96 07:24:10 CDT
Mike,
I will tell you what I have done.  I use 4" Makita cut-off wheels in my
cheap 4-1/2" angle grinder (Harbor Freight?).  The ID of the cut-off
wheels is the same diameter as the stepped shoulder of the grinder
shaft.  I lock them in place with the threaded collets (both on one
side) that usually hold the grinding wheel in place.  This worked well
for me in cutting panels off.  I used all the safety gear:  leather
gloves, safety glasses, face shield, etc.  (Mealy-mouth words follow) I
am not recommending YOU do this--you are on your own as far as
responsibility for any dammage that occurs.

Good Luck,
Pat