Re: Recommendations for an electric grinder/cut-off wheel?

To: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Recommendations for an electric grinder/cut-off wheel?
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 11:09:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing wrote:

> I guess what I really have in mind is an electric version of what's
> listed in the Harbor Freight catalogs as "Air Die Grinder" or "Pneumatic
> 3" High Speed Cutter".  These things turn at about 22k rpm.  Does this
> sort of thing exist, or will one of the other two types I mentioned
> earlier suffice?
>
> Thanks again for all the advice,
> Mike

You might also consider an electric hand-held jig saw with a fine-tooth
metal cutting blade.  It doesn't make quite as much noise as a die
grinder, especially if you keep the metal from vibrating, and it does a
nice job.  The only drawback is you need space behind the piece you're
cutting for blade clearance.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910